Saturday, March 15, 2008

I am a Sincere Man...

From the movie "The Lost City," these are some more evergreen words by Jose Marti I've always loved and would like sharing with you... Hope you like it..

-----------------------------------

"I am a sincere man from where the palm trees grow;
and before death takes me I want to let the poems soar from my soul.
I come from everywhere and everywhere I go;
Art I am among the arts, among the monutans, mountain I am.
All is beautiful and loyal, all is musical and right;
and all like the diamond, is charcoal before being light.

With the poor of the world I want to cast my fate;
A little brook in the mountain pleases me more than the sea.
I want whenever I die, stateless but with no master;
to have on my tombstone, a bouquet of flowers and my country's flag.

I cultivate a white rose in july as in january,
for the sincere friend who offer me his honest hand;
and for the cruel one who rips from me, my heart by which I live,
I cultivate neither thorns nor thistels, I cultivate a white rose.

My beautiful cuba I will always remember you,
I would like to see u now, as when I first saw you.
My beaituful cuba, I'll always rememeber you. "

---------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: